Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oh, what crummy luck


I should have posted this yesterday, but as usual I'm a day late and now I'll be a few dollars short.... Our big Christmas present (well for Bryan and I) was to get a fence to go around our back yard. Bryan and Avery finally wore me down and we adopted a dog about 4 months ago from the animal shelter and one condition of that was we were to get a fence and soon! So after moving things around and prioritizing we ordered our fence and it was installed less than 2 weeks ago. In fact they began the day right after Christmas. So we've enjoyed our nice fence for a week and a half and now a tree has blown into it :( We had very strong winds yesterday and while I was gone to get Avery from school a tree from our neighbors yard fell over. Those lovely pine trees are not my friend! Luckily it fell on one panel (and a smaller one at that) so we think we can fix it for about $100. Our neighbors haven't even noticed that one of their trees had fallen over yet. We just think it will be too much of a hassle to get insurance involved so we're gonna suck it up. Pictures will follow soon.

7 comments:

  1. That bites :( I would at least try and ask your neighbors to pay for it or go half for it (no insurance, just out of pocket) Hey, it would be worth the try. So, what kind of dog did you guys get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh. . .that stinks. Your poor new fence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ughhhhhhhh...how frustrating...and ironic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, right after you got it... that really does stink. And it looks like a beautiful fence too... I am very jealous.. we put up a fence about a year ago and ... well, lets just say it is one that you might only find in the country...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a really pretty fence, though..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl - sorry about the fence - last year after I got my kitchen ceiling finahlly patched from an overexcited washing machine - the maching lost its mind again and overflowed all through the freshly painted (two days before) ceiling - it sucks!!! You look great, though - who cares about a fence as long as your hair and makeup are good, right? Love ya! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had just typed this really long kinda funny comment to you that got erased as I tried to sign in....oh anyway, just know I'm glad you've joined the blogging world and your fence looks great other than the huge tree in the middle of it!! Thanks for letting me know about your blog!!

    ReplyDelete