Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Beginnings

The live taping of the 'Virtue Deli'
The cake that never made it!!

Avery helping me make the cake...yummm
Well, I'll start out as saying those of you who know me know that I am a procrastinator and well not so proud of it, but I am. The new year came and having only been in my calling for not quite a month I realized 'oh, crap' (and I'm sure I said that :) !) I needed to help 2 beehives plan New Beginnings. We pulled it off in under a week and a half and it was alot of fun. As you can see we decided to spotlight the new value that was added this year and we taped a cooking show for the 'Virtue Deli' and everything was great. The girls made their sandwich and afterwards we had it for refreshments.
Speaking of refreshments.....well, I decided it would be fun for me to make a cake for this event. I've never made anything bigger than a normal cake size or one of the kids cakes (I like to call it cake by numbers!) so I was excited to try for a 1/2 sheet cake. The cake came out great. My cooling rack is regular sized so the cake hung off the edges about an inch all around. Trust me, I've made cakes before where I've decorated them and I've got to say they turned out pretty good, but this time I had a bimbo moment! I had the cake all smoothed out and put on the top border and proceeded to take out the parchment paper and realized I had it ALL the way under the cake. Yeah, I know you're laughing now b/c I had this huge cake and could not get the parchment paper out from under it. The pic was taken after many attempts to remove it and you can see the cracks in the frosting. At one point I actually took hold of both sides and just pulled and the cake started to literally crack down the middle. Thank goodness for lots of frosting b/c it glued itself back together. Well I thought I could trim the paper all around and still use it, but the crazy cake kept sliding all around. I hadn't even got to the point of truly decorating it but I was getting sick of it (and mad at myself!) At this point it was midnight and I decided to go to Publix first thing the next morning and ordered a cake. So much for my good intentions!
Needless to say...Avery did not mind having cake around the house for the next week!! She's been on a sugar high since!!!


8 comments:

  1. Looks like New Beginnings turned out good. Sorry about the cake!! I bet it tasted good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, bimbo moment!! I'm totally using that phrase again!! Everything turned out perfect, like it always does!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww; you get an "A" for effort (on the cake)! I'm sure New Beginnings turned out great! Looked cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wouldn't mind some cake at my house...dang....lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms. Avery is so cute!!! I just love her hair. Oh, and that cake looks so yummy. Sorry, it did not turn out how you planned. Dusty & I would of ate the entire CAKE :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. new value, huh? sounds like a cool new beginnings! glad i did't have to plan it in a week. do you know about the website: ywconnections.com??? it is fabulous! also, sugardoodle.net!! they have great ideas for lessons and activities!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. let me get your little knickers off poppet and lick your p---y, then you can suck my hard meat, love tods with a mouthful of man juice, watch it drip off their chin mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmmmmmmmmm they suck so good at that age finger f--k her at the same time

      Delete