Friday, January 2, 2009

Finally, we joined the bloggers


Well, this is our first foray into the blogging community. If you are reading this, it just proves you are really bored and nothing is on TV! My friends have been bugging me to join their world of blogging, but I've been hesitating because I don't think anyone will really want to ready what goes on in our lives......but, you asked for it so here it goes!
We are a small family, but are excited about lies in wait for us just around the corner. We have learned that life is precious and you never know how much time you have in this world, so try to make everything count. Bryan has beaten cancer twice and had a bone marrow transplant. Yes, he is doing great and everything has been clean for almost 2 years now. We are very blessed! Avery turned 4 in Sept. and keeps us busy with her first year of preschool. She loves it! It is amazing to see her come out of her shy shell (although she still hides sometimes, it is getting better!). I'm kept busy running her around and I have just been called 2nd Counselor in YW. Boy, that really takes me back. We just had our New Years Eve dance and it was so funny to see that in the 17 years since I've been in YW the dances are exactly the same! Even most of the songs were the same....somebody really needs to help the DJ's with an updated playlist! Anyway, the Beehives are a ton of fun and I'm looking forward to being in YW (remind me that I said that, ok!!)!
Well I am a rambler and I'm sure all my posts will be long and have a ton of grammatical errors. Its sad that I'm so bad grammatically because I love to read and always have a book on me, but commas and correct punctuation always gets me....speaking of which...I love exclamation points and I use them all the time, so sorry if it bugs anybody!!!!!! And I love run on sentences and paragraphs!!!!! Anyway, enough about my bad education (I did grow up in middle GA!) j/k....we are very modernized down that way. Well, this is enough for my first post. I'll probably have to call on some of my more experienced blogger friends to figure out how to put up pics, but they will follow soon!! Oh, and Happy New Year everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! Great first post. See you are a natural. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH, WELCOME TO THE BLOGGING WORLD! IT WAS FUN TO READ ALL THIS AND FIND OUT MORE ABOUT YOU GUYS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!!!!!!! Congrats!!!! You are going to have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie :)
    I am April, Dusty's wife. I have heard so many good things about you!! I am so glad you have started blogging so I can get to know you better!!!! (I love exclamation points too!!!) Can’t wait to read more and welcome to the blogging world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the background. Pink and brown. My favorite color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who cares about grammar and punctuation! Blogging is supposed to be fun and informative for friends and family! So sorry to hear about Bryan but am thankful he is doing well now! Oh, I've missed you so!

    ReplyDelete